Friday, 10 April 2009

KLDW 2009

LAST WEEK, I decided to go to an art/design exhibition with Iris and her friends, not something an IT person would normally be interested in. But for me, I have always had this passion for art. Although I can't draw to save my sorry little @$$, I still admire other people's work. Maybe it's the hours spent starring at a picture on the wall, figuring out what the artist was thinking of at that time, or maybe it's the joy of not really knowing what it is at first glance but as you wonder, it becomes clear =p


For instance, this cake that resembles a chess set, is a total killer!!!


The details were unreal~


Eyeballs as pawns? An eye for an eye... Genius~


Not to mention the weird looking hand that just brings life to the whole thing


Even people working there but not for the exhibition had to be creative... SHARK!!!


A letter by an artist's broken heart? Not anymore =p (click to read)


And somethings that just looks cool as it is! (Click to see clearly)


See, I have always tried to be a little artistic (writing short love poems, reading sonnets, watching Romeo and Juliet), but I never succeeded...


Artistic?


A real artist looking very artistic, admiring and researching on other people's art =p


How cute is that?~


Check out this wall!!!


They use charcoal to draw on the boxes!!!


Paper tree with cotton/sponge apple/peach


You see, sometimes artists leave you to interpret their work yourself. And they wont tell you what it is, so you go like, "Ah, that''s a nice apple/peach/orange tree. I wonder what that dog/monster/creature is doing?" Don't take me wrongly, I love interpreting art, it gives you that joy of discovering something hidden. And when you finally get the meaning behind the art (although never fully), you feel a little closer to the artist...


Check out the following pictures...


Wires? Worms?


I have no idea...


Wtf, is that Buddha?


Turns out that Buddha's face is very nice to decorate =p


And the tongue???


Where do you throw your old keyboards?


Into a bin made of one!!!


Ok, there are a lot of categories when it comes to art. And nudity is one of them, so is education. So how do you combine them both?


Like this!!!


Pregnant women


Baby hanging from a rope? =p


I don't even know how to explain this one...


...

One happy family!!! Or are they???


Then, when our feet started screaming bloody murder, we decided to go for a movie


Without anyone!!! Empty!!!


After that, we went out to walk a little and saw a guy practicing his bar tending skills!


And some street performers (not bad)


Finally, when our stomachs started growling, we knew it was time for dinner...


The other couple (Amy & Alex)


One of Alex's skill, forging the Agung


Ampun!!!


Emo


Fish Face?


Happy =p


Creepy doll... Looks like she is staring at Iris...


Molesting the doll... He didnt have a chance...


Decided to steal his hat


Final pic =p


After that we went bowling at Time Square, because due to unforseen (rain) circumstances (management), the arty party was cancelled. But bowling was fun!!! Someone actually bowled for the first time! Not bad actually =p

2 comments:

irisccy said...

*baby hanging from umblical cord lah..

...staring at me cos i'm pretty, and she's not. bwahahaha... XP

Curse said...

I know, just trying to be artistic, hahaha =p